A recent report called the Rose Review revealed some startling facts about women-led businesses:
- We don’t have enough women starting businesses in the UK – we are 30% behind USA, Canada and The Netherlands. If we reached the same levels as these countries that would add £200bn to the economy
- Only 1 in 3 UK entrepreneurs is female
- A staggering 80% of 11-18 years olds are unable to name a single female entrepreneur (Santander)
- Children are four times more likely to think of a man than a woman when they hear ‘entrepreneur’ (Santander)
- Only 39% of women are confident in their ability to start a business as opposed to 56% of men
- If women start businesses at the same rate as men, £250 billion will be added to the UK economy
We are thrilled to be part of the @BuyWomenBuilt movement to use our enormous power as consumers to support women-built brands and change the shape and face of our economy.
Click HERE to visit the website and discover an array of incredible women-led businesses in dozens of different sectors, from fashion to food, health, beauty and lifestyle.
There are so many women-built brands, like Thomson & Scott Noughty, and the fact that consumers don’t know these amazing brands are women-built means we are missing a trick.
In the UK alone we simply don’t have enough women starting businesses - we are 30% behind other developed countries. That affects us all as it means we are missing out on £200 billion that more women-built businesses can contribute to our economy, our future, and our communities.
So, here at Noughty HQ we say #PlayYourPart and #BuyWomenBuilt.